10 November 2005

Hero of the Day--Redux


So I've got this idea. We'll see if it works and we'll see if I'm industrious enough to continue with it. Basically, every week, I'll name/nominate a hero for the week!. I'll try and pick people that are somewhat unknown, someone that is a hero for some reason that I deem unique. If you hate my hero, email me at chris_m_bond@yahoo.com

There's no real reason why Noel Godin should be the hero today. Not specifically today. But there is every reason in the world that he should be regarded as a hero. A practicioner of the absurd, a hero of humor, an anarchist with a sweet tooth, Godin is truly an amazing man. He's basically this Belgian guy that goes around throwing pies in people's faces. That's it in a nutshell (he's also a director of films, but about that I know nothing). He's hit government ministers of all types, and some time in the 90's he got Bill Gates. You'd think it'd be harder to get Bill Gates with a cream pie than it would be to get the Pope, but apparently if you have an army of cream pie-armed partners, it's quite easy. If you want to read more about him, check out www.jaybabcock.com

No comments:

Post a Comment