25 December 2005

bon voyage to me.

Tomorrow afternoon I leave for Casablanca, Morocco. Unfortunately, I am not flying the way I would hope to fly (due west), but rather the way that my Delta Air Miles allow me to fly (all over the frigging globe).

First I head from Newark to Detroit.
I wait a little while in Detroit.
I then grab a flight from Detroit to Paris.
I wait a long while in Paris.
I then hop on a flight to Casablanca, finally arriving at my final destination late on Tuesday.

I've arrived here in New Jersey in a similarly roundabout fashion. Fortunately, the curving path that I took to get here was much more pleasurable that I imagine the flights will be.

On Wednesday night, my friend Sturd and I took a trip to Princeton to visit another old friend (Jason) and his wife (Liz). We ate dinner, drank some great beers and headed back to our Jason's house for cookies, coffee and a truly inspiring glimpse of Liz's ultrasound. What a strange thing to see a ghostly image of a childhood friend's son. Beautiful.



From Princeton, I headed to Villanova, PA (just outside of Philly) to visit friend Caroline. We had a great time babysitting her nephews (see playdough snakes below), hanging out in PA Amish markets, watching Deadwood (I've never heard the word c*#ksucker so much in my life) and playing barroom shuffleboard with friends.





From Princeton I took a ton of trains to arrive in New Brunswick, where I sat around with my brother and had a great time watching dumb television.

And from New Brunswick, back up to Northern NJ to celebrate Christmas with the family.

And now it is late at night. I am tired and going to bed. I'll write as often as possible from Morocco. I hope that everyone had a great Christmas (or other holiday) and may you all have a happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment