12 December 2005

Conversational Snippets

Author's Note: This is the conversation as best I can remember it. I overheard this today, around 4:30 pm on East Fordham Rd. in the Bronx. Funspot is an establishment located in the same area. I'm assuming that it's an arcade of sorts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Girl A: "Look at that place Funspot. I went there on my aunt's funeral."

Girl B: "On your aunt's funeral? She's dead and you're having fun at Funspot?"

Girl C: "Yeah, whaddya mean?"

Girl A: "That's the thing--I don't think she's really dead."

Girl B: "Whaddya mean? Not really dead!?"

Girl A: Yeah, I think that they mistaked the body or something...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huh? I'm not sure that I have any clue what they were talking about, but it's certainly weird. Is this some weird girl obsessed with conspiracy theories and the like, convinced that her aunt is off living it up on some Carribbean island? Or is there a really messed up story behind this? Was the body horribly mutilated?

I should have stuck around and listened in on a bit more, but it was cold and the walk to the subway is sort of long....But maybe it's better to keep this a mystery.

One more thing: A quick plug on the Bond "Products" that you can find at www.theworldofbond.com --
Here's a quote from a very satisfied recipient of one of the t-shirts.

This one:




"just wanted to let you know the t-shirt arrived... I'm not sure if I should wear it or frame it."

(real quote)

Have a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:36 PM

    there's a website called overheardinnewyork.com where you can post conversations like that. i dunno if you've seen it but it's pretty amusing.

    ReplyDelete