21 January 2006

Europe

I have just purchased a ticket for Madrid for May 25th, returning August 2nd. I'll be traveling around all of June, mostly likely in Italy, France, and perhaps a short trip over to North Africa, either Tunisia or Morocco. For the month of July, I will be in Cadiz, Spain, once again working with American highschool students in their half-hearted struggle to learn the Spanish language.

This is good, because my trip to Morocco has awoken in me a great number of emotions, one of which is a severe wanderlust, which my brother Brian calls "Bruce Chatwin-type feelings". (Read about him here) Coming back has been strange, and feelings of reverse culture shock have been stronger than usual.

And so, in four months I'll be gone from NYC, having temporarily completed my own personal experiment of living in this city.

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment