06 March 2006

Everybody Hates Chris



So the other day a friend walks in my door with a bumper sticker and tells me, "This is for you...I found it outside."

The sticker in question read, quite clearly and boldly, "Honk if you hate Chris." I immediately recognized the style and font of the sticker, and realized that the hated "Chris" to which the sticker referred was not me, Chris Bond, but rather Chris Rock, the comedian. The sticker was an advertisement for his TV show "Everybody Hates Chris".

So I'm thinking--alright, fair enough, everybody doesn't hate me...They hate Chris Rock. Of course, I'm immediately struck with the obvious question--"What the hell are all these "Honk" stickers doing in front of my house?" Now I'm wondering if someone's playing a joke, or if someone hates me and chose this sticky method of letting me know, rather than just choking me or throwing me into a door or something.

The next day I left the house to get something to eat with my roommates...Hundreds of stickers lay on the ground. The wind had carried them as far as a few blocks away, and the whole walk to brunch I was reminded of the world's disdain for me. Worst of all, stickers had been stuck to walls and sidewalks and bicycles and street signs all over the place.

Luckily, my paranoia didn't have to go on for too long, as It turns out that someone that lives upstairs used to live with someone else that did promotions and publicity for the show, or some nonsense like that...So it's apparently merely a coincidence, as they were just finally throwing away their stash of useless and insulting stickers.

Phew.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:51 PM

    Before I got to the part about the guy upstairs doing promotion, I figured it was just another pathetic prank that VGL was behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:10 AM

    this is the worst blog i have ever seen. chris... please do us all a favour and fuck off back to africa. you aren't even important enough to have everyone hate you. you are utterly irrelevent. go do something with your life you idiot.

    peter

    ReplyDelete