31 July 2006

Madrid and Homecoming

In Madrid once again, once again (like last year) in the so called "High Tech" Petit Palace.

Last year, I commented on this hotel, mocking the suggestive name. As I said last year, the only thing that I could find to be "high tech" was a slow computer on the ground floor. Oh, and the bathroom doors were transparent.

This year, however, luck has smiled upon me and the other staff members in my group, and we have been given Executive Rooms....Mamma Mia! What glory! What luck! What beauty!

Let me tell you, if you have never tanned while showering, you are most certainly missing out. The shower is out of control, and each time that I step into it, I chuckle a bit, truly amused by the entire mechanism. A small computer screen on the wall allows the user to adjust water temperature and direction, to cause water to splash from all sides, and to (this is no joke) turn on the tanning lights located in one wall of the shower.

The rest of the room is not quite so insane, but is nice. We have a computer and a flat screen television and comfortable beds. The ceiling is purple and there is a balcony. The furniture is dark wood.

Madrid, unsuprisingly, continues basically unchanged. It is still as hot as Hades, the nightlife is still exciting and out-of-control, the bars and restaurants are still aplenty. As far as I can tell, the only thing changed in Madrid over the last year is the number of Starbucks. Quite obviously, this number has risen.

Tonight some of us are going out for dinner and a show.
A show in drag.
A show of transvestites.
I hope that the food is good.

I will be home Wednesday. I hope that all are well.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:01 PM

    I like that you thank us for reading. It makes me feel very warm and fuzzy. Have a great time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete