31 August 2006

Boston

Boston, MA
1:05 PM
Finagle-A-Bagel,
(Eating an overpriced salad and stealing wi-fi from somewhere.)

I awoke at five am this morning to begin the fourth stage of this season's travels. Morocco in June, Spain in July, US Cross Country in August, and now Maine in September. I am keeping quite a pace, but it feels right.

This afternoon I catch a train to Portland, Maine, where I'll meet up with my boss and head up into the woods. I will be working for the next month at West Branch Pond Camps, something of a rustic bed and breakfast outside of rural Greenville, Maine. (see the website at www.westbranchpondcamps.com)

My duties are as yet somewhat vague, but will basically include cleaning, washing, waiting tables...Pretty much everything that needs to get done. But it should be nice, getting away to the woods for a month, hiking atop hillocks to make phone calls, reading and writing as time allows, and engaging in simple and mindless labor.

Stay tuned for updates, which I will post as often as possible.

I hope that all are well.

No comments:

Post a Comment