06 September 2006

Life in Maine (Part V: Death)

Before I came up here, a bunch of people asked me how well I knew the guy giving me the job.

"Are you sure he's not some weirdo?" they asked.
"What if this guy's a murderer?" they said.
"Could he be a pervert?" they wondered.

I assured them that Eric seemed completely normal, and so far, my gut seems to have led me right.

Nonetheless, the quiet state of Maine was recently rocked by the news of a Bed and Breakfast Murder in a small town. It seems that a man killed three of four people, cut them up, and threw their body parts all over the area.

If anyone is wondering, this is not the same place. Check out the story here:

MURDER!

-------------------------

On a separate and more peaceful note, I took a trip into town today for the first time. My co-worker Sarah brought me on a tour of the area, which turns out to be quite nice.

There are tons of mountains, lakes and streams in the area. It really is pretty beautiful.

Oddly, there are only about 1300 people in the town of Greenville (which turns out to be about 45 minutes from where I am), but about 1700 houses, due to the number of people that own vacation homes in the area.

That's about it for tonight. I am exhausted and stuffed with Maine lobster.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment