01 October 2006

Back in Jersey

Well--All my promises of more Maine cultural insight have gone up in a puff of smoke.

That's all folks. Maine was amazing--a beautiful, wonderful place, the scene of many great adventures, but it is over.

I arrived in Jersey this afternoon after an 8 hour car ride. Luckily, two of the guests at the Pond happened to be New Yorkers, and happened to be heading back to New York this morning. They kindly agreed to take me with them (although I'm not sure that they were all that excited about it at first).

We left at three-fifteen in the morning and pulled into the Upper West Side around noon.

New York was pretty loud, but it was nice to see the City after so long in the woods.

Tomorrow I head back up to New England for a week or so to visit my cousin David, his wife Tara, and son Trevor. They've just bought a new house on Lake Champlain, and I'll be hanging out in Burlington with them, helping out around the new house, eating delicious ice cream, and hopefully fishing.

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment