09 October 2006

Back In Jersey

Well I've made it back to Jersey in generally good health. Granted, I'm itchy as hell and constantly scratching phantom rashes caused by insulation, and I've got a strange hole in my foot and a pain in my arm from a tetanus shot, but I can't really complain.

I decided to leave Burlington with a bang, and so I stepped on a nail. The nail was sharp, and sped through my boot and sock and lodged in my foot. My cursing could be heard for miles.

And so I took a trip to the nice Burlington hospital for a tetanus shot that, true to the nurse's warning, hurt like hell the next day. It is always fun to take a trip to a "foreign" hospital, and this was no exception to teh rule. David and I hung out in the waiting room for ages, reading magazines and discussing Brazilian hospitals with a Brazilian guy (oddly, not only do I have firsthand experience with Brazilian hospitals, but I also seem to have met the only Brazilian in all of Burlington).

Once we got to to the hospital room (where we had to wait some more), I passed the time playing with the strange and curious tools (oxygen valves, "hospital air" valves, and the incredibly fun motorized chair) and flirting with the nurse.

Yesterday's trip back to the area was uneventful, and I made it in time to celebrate my birthday (which I strangely share with my middle brother) with my family in New Brunswick, before heading off to see my brother play a show in nearby Trenton, NJ.

I'll be heading down to Asheville, NC in a few days, to search for work and hopefully stay for a few months. Until then, I'll be around, visiting with friends and family. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment