24 February 2007

In Charlottesville, VA

It has been a long few days here in Charlottesville, trying to impress these people enough that they want to give me lots of money. I'm not sure if I've been successful--the numerical odds are against me (1 in 4 gets the scholarship) and the competition is intense (one of my 'competitors' was a Harvard Law graduate that has practiced law for 8 years--he wants to get a PhD in Psychology).

Regardless of the outcome, it has been a good (albeit stressful) weekend. I've eaten lots of good food, met some great people, and had the glorious luck to watch cable television in my free hotel room (oh! Law and Order! How I missed you so!).

I also had the luck to run into the father of a friend, somewhat of a big deal in the University, who procured a couple of tickets to the UVA Basketball game. Even I (not an avid sports fan) enjoyed the game tremendously, and loved watching Virginia win. (Although, I must admit that I shamefully rooted against them during the first half, giving in to my everpresent temptation to root for the team that nobody else supports).

Tomorrow I head back to North Carolina, but first I must eat at "Mas" -- a great Spanish restaurant here in town (and the subject of a post some time ago).

I hope that all are well.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:10 PM

    does hello (cries) Ca go I miss itself my friend chris tells me qes what you do maintenen is what you want vien in Morocco or what? ...... me it board (nabil) of (errachidia) nabilo2005@hotmail.fr

    ReplyDelete