03 July 2007

Still Lagos

Well I continue, as of this morning, in Lagos. My Belgian friends are hitting the road, my French friend is unsure, and I too am unsure of what to do.

I do know that this morning will be a morning of goodbyes and hellos and of chores. I will wish my friends farewell, pack my bags, wash my clothes, and make phone calls to those far away. Only then will I decide as to my next stop on this journey.

As of tomorrow I must be in Seville, in Southern Spain. It is then that I will begin to earn my meals, working for Abbey Road, a company that specializes in study abroad programs for high school students. I will be in Seville for a little over two weeks, followed by ten days in Cordoba and five days in Granada. My days will be filled by teaching, "chaperoning" and, without a doubt, trips on which I accompany students to the much loved hospitals of Spain.

And then home, back to the much internationally maligned, much flawed, but much loved United States. Only then will I begin to please the part of me that is "sometimes not [nomadic]". Only then will I return to see all of those that I miss and to pick up my home life where I left it off.

More soon from your loyal chronicler, Pancho. I hope that all are well.

1 comment: