02 August 2007

Ripped Off

I don´t have much time right now, because I am running off to lunch (my last lunch in Spain...) with my co-workers.

I wanted to leave a quick line, however, regarding some merchandise I have bought here in Granada. Much of what is for sale here in Granada is Moroccan (or at least stuff that is sold in Morocco as if it were Moroccan).

This in itself is not all that amazing, considering the number of Moroccans here and the proximity of Granada to Morocco.

What is amazing and rather disconcerting is that many things are actually cheaper here than in Morocco! Items for which I haggled and screamed and yelled and play-acted...and here, the same things have price tags on them and are cheaper than my final, well-earned Moroccan prices. And I don´t have to argue or haggle to get these prices.

It is all quite amazing, really...

That is all for now. Tomorrow I leave on a jet plane for different shores. I hope that all are well.

No comments:

Post a Comment