13 July 2008

capuchin crypt

I have not got much time to write at the moment, but I wanted to post some images of a place that I visited yesterday, the Capuchin Crypt in Rome.

- Long Story Short - These monks (between 1500 and 1800) decorated chapels with human bones and mummies (of their deceased fellow monks, as well as a few aristocratic children and poor Romans). You can read about it on Wikipedia here.

It was, without a doubt, one of the craziest places I have ever visited. Unfortunately, I was not allowed to take pictures inside, so I have included some shots that I found on the internet. In some cases, the quality of the photos leaves something to be desired.





2 comments:

  1. nice picture collection.amazing.
    visit http://travellfree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully bizarre!

    ReplyDelete