10 April 2007

Some Photos

All is well is Asheville, though the cold front still has not left us in peace and warmth. The clock is ticking and my days here are numbered (at least until I return in August). I leave town on May 7th for New York, from where I will grab a flight to Spain on May 15th.

From Spain, the plans are still fuzzy. I need to be in Granada by early July, and Morocco is in the plans, as too might be Italy. Very unfortunate is the impossibility of making a line across North Africa and entering Italy via Sicily, from where I could head north and eventually back in to Spain, making a nice loop. Unfortunately, the Algerian government is crazy, the borders with Morocco and Tunisia are closed, and there is some group of loonies in Algeria that threaten (and often carry threats through) to kill on sight any foreigner within their borders.

So, needless to say, if I do go to Italy, it will not be through the fashionable, ultra-cool, North African route.

Before I leave, Sirius.B will be playing some shows. We've been invited to play a new friend's party, which is great, since she lives on a nearby 50-acre artist/hippie colony (only six inhabitants), complete with fire pits, a sweat lodge (under construction) and tons of area for people to play music. And best of all, there are no nearby neighbors, so the music will be loud and the crowd will be rowdy. We're also trying to set up some more shows at some local bars around town.

I've got some pictures below for all to enjoy. One is a super-convincing fake candid shot of PJ, Xavi and Bruce. I'm also including a picture of me with my head inside a large toy of sorts (the kind of thing that you can find at some cheesy store that sells toys to make kids smarter) and a photo of the fruits of my recent attempt to become a stencil artist.

Enjoy!







1 comment: