28 June 2007

Name Change

My father made a suggestion on the blog's name. I loved it, and I think I am going to take it. In fact, I would have done so already, but I don't really have time to mess with the top graphic on the blog. So now I want to know what you, my dear readers, think.

Pancho's Via OR Peripatetikos?

As for information on the two names, Pancho's Via is a pun on the name Pancho Villa and Via (way). As some of you may not know, I am known, throughout NC, as Pancho. So the name works.

Peripatetikos refers to an ancient style of teaching in which the teacher would walk while teaching. In English, we have the adjective "peripatetic", which refers to movement in general. So this name works too.

I am still currently in Lisbon, having lacked the energy, spirit, and will to leave yesterday. I stayed in a place on one of the main squares--a cheap, dim, flop-house type of place that only cost twenty euros for the night.

Today, if all goes well, I will head South to Faro and its lovely beaches.

But no promises.

5 comments:

  1. hmmm... I like Pancho's Via, too. It's cute and witty (just like you- awwww :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Van...Pancho's Via seems more you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for Pancho's Via!
    Dad

    Me too!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:44 PM

    Well, it will certainly change the mood. I think "Pancho's Via" is more in line with your day to day personality, but your blog is much less whimsical, so I think the current title actually fits the content better than the new one. If the blog didn't exist and didn't need to have a mood matching, I would definitely go for "Pancho's Via". Actually, maybe I'd go for that anyway... it's well clever. Mood be damned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote Pancho's Via for no other reason than that it allows you more freedom. The current title suggests that you must be a nomad constantly and therefore this blog is all about your nomadic life. Were you to stop moving for a while you are then forced to a) start moving again or b) stop writing the blog.

    Given those two choices, and my enjoyment of the blogging, I suggest Pancho's Via since, by definition, anything you do fits the subject of the blog. Freedom!

    (I, of course, would prefer Via Rodriguez, and when you travelled it would change to Via Roadriguez, but I digress.)

    ReplyDelete