12 September 2007

Guadalupe and I

It has been a busy few days with Guadalupe the dog on the scene.

In addition, the day after acquiring this lovely dog, I quit smoking.

Needless to say, the last few days have been quite interesting.

Amazingly, quitting smoking has gone quite easy so far. Luckily, I've had the help of those around me and my incredible dog.
Oh, and a nicotine patch and some special drugs and some stuff called Lobelia (alternate names--Pukeweed, Vomitwort), which seems to help as well.

Still, considering the fact that I am fighting against ten years of using a highly addictive drug, I'd say that I am doing quite well. Hopefully all will continue in the same vein, though I'm not sure that I'll be as quick to share any failure as I am to now share my current success.

And so, to fill my smokeless days, I have been taking Lupe out for long, long walks. We've headed out to Bent Creek, a local wilderness area, for some nice hikes. We've also gone downtown, passing the occasional drug addict and prostitute on our way. I've been bringing her everywhere with me, and it has been amazing. She has ended up exhausted every day, falling into a chilled out stupor on the rug in our front room.

And that is pretty much all that there is to report from here at the moment. The posts will improve soon, I promise, but for the moment, quitting smoking and walking my dog are pretty much full-time jobs on their own.

More (and vastly improved and exciting) soon.

Don't go away, we'll be right back.

No comments:

Post a Comment