05 October 2007

Falling Behind

I've been falling behind a bit on the posting, but will soon begin with greater regularity.

Things in Asheville continue much as they have been--playing music, going to the gym (a new thing, since I quit smoking), walking the dog...Life is not so tough at the moment, I cannot tell a lie.

I left town with Ellen the other day, and we rode out to Hot Springs, a town about 45 minutes from here. We camped alongside the French Broad River there, sleeping in the back of my van (aka Mrs. Breeze). I've got the back of my van pretty well set up, with a nice, thick futon mattress that fits in perfectly. I open the windows to feel the fresh air, and have a great view in the morning. It really is perfect.

Whilst there, I purchased a fishing rod, lures, and the such. I enjoy fly fishing on occasion, but locals informed me that the French Broad is not much a fly-fishing-conducive river, and so I broke down and went the route of the rod and reel. Using a bright orange plastic bug, I quickly caught myself a nice-sized smallmouth bass, which I roasted over the hot coals a few hours later. Quite delicious.


Tonight I am heading out to see The Yard Dog Road Show. I'm not really sure exactly what it is, but it seems to be some sort of burlesque / musical / sideshow type performance. From what I hear, it is very entertaining. I've been looking to become as ridiculous and side-show-like as possible while performing, so perhaps this will inspire me.

Finally, my band, Sirius.B now has the new website nearly completed. You can check it out at www.siriusbmusic.com. Tell all of your friends, listen to the tunes, and enjoy. (Note: some of the tunes are not quite completed, such as "Spice Bullet" which is currently undergoing renovations.)

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment