05 December 2007

Knoxville News Sentinel

Yesterday, in preparation for my band's (Sirius.B) upcoming trip to Knoxville, TN, Xavi (the lead guitarist, my roommate) and I were interviewed by Wayne Bledsoe of the Knoxville New Sentinel.. The interview consisted of a pleasant phone conversation of about 30 minutes. The whole thing was painless, enjoyable even.

Still, I couldn't quite shake from my head the realization of what power these newspaper types have. Even staying within the confines of our quotes, Mr. Bledsoe has the power to shape his article and our words in pretty much any way that he desires. He can make us out to be total geniuses or complete dolts. He's like the editor of "The Real World" or something -- he decides how the world will see us.

It's amazing, really. And so, Mr. Bledsoe--If you're reading this, be kind please. We appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:47 PM

    Hi Pancho,

    Try not to worry - Wayne will probably love you guys. It's me, the timber framer's wife. We can't wait till you arrive and then I plan on letting the public know through the Sentinel how wonderful you're definitely going to be. Looking forward to it!

    Bruce says hi....

    ReplyDelete