20 June 2008

Imminent Departure

One week from today I fly back to Jersey, where I'll rest for a few days before heading off to Europe. I will once again be working for Abbey Road (a company that specializes in study-abroad programs for high school students). We'll be spending one week in each of the following cities: Athens, Rome, Florence, and Paris.

The students will be studying Western Civilization by learning about major moments in history in the places where they have happened. I'll be doing the same, though I'll surely also be spending most of my time on somewhat more mundane matters.

Not that I'm complaining. There are worse places in the world to be working.

After the completion of the program, I'll be hanging around France for another ten days. Beth will be coming over to visit me during that time.

In other matters, my ribcage is finally beginning to return to normal. I'm in somewhat less pain than I was -- I can, for instance, now sit up without screaming. I can also walk without limping, wincing, and holding my side. This is a good thing.

Finally, I've got some more pictures of my garden to share. If you're bored of these types of photos, sorry. I'm just too excited about these growing plants not to share.

Enjoy.

SQUASH AND ZUCCHINI PLANTS


SQUASH FLOWER


SWISS CHARD


TOMATO


TOMATO


JAPANESE EGGPLANT


STRING BEAN

No comments:

Post a Comment